Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join its collaborative team in Parsippany, NJ. This individual will serve a key function assisting with the management and coordination of project tasks; preparing reports, work plans and remedial strategies. There will be project related office work and occasional field work. In this role, you will have cross-disciplinary opportunities that involve Environmental, Geotechnical or Site/Civil Engineering working in a continuous learning environment.
- Evaluate site data and prepare investigative scopes of work, data management and interpretation;
- Work with regulators; and perform soil, groundwater, environmental investigations and develop conceptual site models;
- Office experience with scheduling, technical report writing and field work coordination; and
- Organize, implement field work, and provide initial field training to new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or Geotechnical Engineering or Science or related field;
- 8-10 years of related GeoEnvironmental experience related to site investigations and remediation projects;
- Knowledge of New York and New Jersey environmental regulations (NYSDEC/NJDEP);
- Experience with in situ and ex situ remediation strategies;
- Experience with geotechnical field investigations and reporting;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification;
- Experience with AutoCAD, GIS modeling and other mapping software;
- Construction management experience;
- Strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to support projects at JFK airport;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation access to remote job site locations;
- Availability to travel overnight if necessary; and
- Availability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
To apply and view posting: https://careers.langan.com/job/Parsippany-Senior-Environmental-Project-Engineer-or-Scientist-NJ-07054-2172/929159100/