Senior Environmental Project Manager
Location Hamilton Township, NJ
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please reach out directly to Lyssa C. Naron (email@example.com) prior to applying for more information about the role, responsibilities, and office culture.
Ransom Consulting is seeking an experienced Sr. Environmental Project Manager to support its growth with projects in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of large, complex projects that require in-depth technical knowledge and a strategic approach to working with clients, the internal team, regulators, sub-contractors, insurance companies, communities, and other key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establishing the scope of work and budget for the project to ensure client requirements are met and optimizing company profitability.
• Securing and managing internal and external resources to support the project within established project scope and budget.
• Monitor project status and keep client, staff, and stakeholders apprised of issues and initiate change orders as required.
• Designs and provides oversight to field-based work and provides technical support to the project team to ensure that project objectives are met.
• Develops and/or provides final review of technical reports, letters, work plans, etc. ensuring that all QA/QC processes are followed, and that client and regulatory objectives have been met.
• Ensure that projects are set up according to company protocols and that time, material, vendor and project expenses are recorded and submitted timely for prompt and accurate client invoicing. Follows up directly with client on outstanding invoices to address issues or questions.
• Identify and pursue business development opportunities that leverage the company’s technical capabilities and consulting expertise.
• Work with staff to mentor and develop their technical and project management skill sets.
Successful candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in environmentally oriented field (e.g. Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrology, Engineering, etc.); Master’s Degree preferred.
• 15+ years of experience managing large, complex environmental projects with multiple stakeholders and varied regulatory requirements.
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Expertise and experience managing projects to comply with PA DEP Act 2 as well as Federal and State remediation, land use, and tidal water environmental regulations.
• Experience with PA waterfront development/land use regulation.
• Excellent communication skills to ensure client and stakeholder understanding of complex technical issues.
• Ability to speak effectively with various stakeholder groups understanding the interests and politics of the situation and tailoring the approach accordingly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships with staff, client, regulators, and other project stakeholders.
• Ability to travel to project sites regularly and attend before/afterhours meetings.
• OSHA 40 HOUR HAZWOPER and HAZWOPER Supervisor Training
• PA and NJ PE License preferred but not required