We invite you to browse through our site to learn more about NJSWEP, our mission, upcoming events and membership benefits. If you are not yet a member, we hope you will consider joining us and becoming an active contributor to our organization. If you are already a member, we are glad you stopped by and we hope you will make use of the resources we have provided to you.
- To encourage and promote the leadership, achievement, and professional development of professionals in the environmental industries, especially women;
- To provide an informal setting for professionals in the environmental professions, especially women, to meet, share substantive information and work experiences, and establish a communication exchange;
- To educate members on new developments and current trends in the environmental field; and
- To encourage and promote public service in the environmental field.
NJSWEP Chapter meetings are a forum for discussion of issues experienced by our members. Other membership benefits include periodic news updates, regular seminars, opportunities for self-promotion and corporate promotion, networking luncheons, and mentoring opportunities.
|"SWEP has been invaluable in encouraging women to enter the engineering field and in helping women remain in the field through supportive membership programs." ~ Lisa P. Jackson, former Commissioner of the NJDEP and Obama Administration member||
Past NJSWEP Chapter Co-Chairs
- Diane Miscowski 1996-1998
- Bonnie Harrington, Esq. 1996-1999
- Gail Helfrick 1998-1999
- Patti Burns 1999- 2003
- Nancy Van Dyke 2001- 2004
- Deb Rosen 2003-2007
- Sue Boyle 2005-2008
- Kathy Helmer 2008-2009
- Norma Eichlin 2009-2012
- Jeanne Mroczko 2010-2013
- Elizabeth Limbrick 2013-2016
- Jillian Mooney 2014-2017
- Kavitha Subramaniam 2016-2019
- Stephanie Turkot 2017-2019
- Nicky Brice 2019-2022
Current NJSWEP Chapter Co-Chairs
- Nicole Sullivan 2020-Present
- Kate Suell 2022-Present
To learn more about NJSWEP’s leadership, read about our Steering Committee, here.
And to learn more about how you can become involved in a leadership capacity with NJSWEP click here.