Saturday - June 12, 2021
8:45 AM - 12:00 PM
Come meet up with NJSWEP members for an educational experience at the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. The hike will be guided by Blaine Rothauser, Senior Ecologist at GZA GeoEnvironmental.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about this highly sensitive natural area while catching up with old colleagues or making new connections.
Where: Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
Cost: $10 for NJSWEP members and $15 for non-members
About the Refuge: The Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge is located in Morris County, NJ, about 26 miles west of NYC. The refuge consists of 7,768 acres of varied habitats. The refuge has become an important resting and feeding area for more than 244 species of birds. Fox, deer, muskrat, turtles, fish, frogs and a wide variety of wildflowers and plants can be found on the refuge. Click here for additional information.
Know Before You Go:
- The full details will be sent the week prior to the hike.
- We will follow CDC guidelines & NJ Executive Orders for COVID-19.
- The hike will be limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
- The hike is not suitable for children and will take place rain or shine.
- Waterproof footgear is recommended.
- Insect repellent and protective clothing are advisable.
Questions: Contact Melissa Dulinski (973) 525-9617 or email@example.com.
Hope to see you there!